Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trips to Seattle

Ok, it has been long enough I guess I should make this post. As the title says, it will be on my second trip to Seattle this year. We did make the obligatory stops at El Tapatio and Rice Hill both on the way up and on the way down, however this one will be more about a couple of other things I/we did on this trip.
Let me start by saying that I love waterfalls. One of my favorites is Multnomah Falls about 30 miles east of Portland Oregon. They have a path that climbs from the base to the top that is about a mile long, and goes up about 150' higher than the 620' water fall, then drops back down to the top of the falls. I have climbed it twice before, the first time it took me more than 2 hours to get to the top and then come back down. The second time it took me about an hour and a half to do the same, that time my sister Theresa climbed it with me. This time I wanted to see how quickly I could do it after several months of boot camp 3 days a week. We added a day to the trip so I would have time to make the climb. So on Friday of the trip we got up and got ready and set off to make the climb. My mom and dad set off with me but we all went at different speeds. I made it in 29 minutes 55 seconds and was very happy with my time. It was nice to be the one passing people and encouraging them instead of being the one getting passed. After being up there about 25 minutes I called my dad to see where he was, and he had just crested the top, and was on his way down. I went back and walked the rest of the way down with him, took some pics and went back down. Ok, I don't remember where I was going with this post, but to make a long story short we also stopped in Portland on the way back so I could climb it again on Sunday, and it took 27 minutes plus then. I do have pictures, but will not be posting them at this time.

No comments: