Monday, November 24, 2008

Boot camp

Ok, so I missed a post last week, oh well. This week will be different (obviously evidenced by this post) I promise.
Today I started boot camp at Fit One in Chico. After just one day, I am wondering if I will make it. The class is from 6am to 7am, and I am nothing even close to a morning person. So I started out by not being able to get to sleep last night until about 2:30 in the morning. I probably dozed off and on, but didn't get anything close to good rest, so 5am came way to early. I got up and made it to class on time.
Not sleeping was the least of my problems. The class is an hour of constant go, go, go and today was only the introduction. We did things like push ups, crunches, jumping jacks, squats, wall sits, we walked the perimeter of the basketball court doing lunges, then came the run. Now I hate running, always have and as far as I can tell always will. We only "ran" about .7 miles, and I use quotes because I ran probably less than 1/3 the distance. After the run we did more push ups, crunches, and jumping jacks. Not to mention every time one of us miss counted, or made some other mistake we were "rewarded" with more push ups.
After what I would consider working out constantly for an hour it was all over. Richard Jones gave Jeff Crawford and I a tour of the gym, not in it's self that bad of a thing, but there is a part of the gym that is up stairs, and not just 1 set of stairs, to see the whole thing you have to go up one set of stairs then back down and up another set of stairs and down again. Long story short I could have done without stairs after killing myself for an hour.
Ok, so class is now done so I can go about my day normally right? Wrong, everything from washing my hair to standing up out of a chair, to just carrying products around Radio Shack was very difficult. I didn't hurt all day, I could just feel the muscle fatigue. Now that the class was more than 12 hours ago the pain is settling in, and I am not looking forward to tomorrow. On top of that, I get to do it all again on Wednesday, and then once again on Friday. Then I get to start again on Monday next week, and over and over again for the next 4 weeks, woohoo!
The question now begs to be asked, why in the world would I pay somebody to torture me like this??????

2 comments:

West Family said...

as i was reading i was asking myself the same question you asked at the end of your post! sounds hard and painful! what do you love about facebook?

Trevor said...

What I love about facebook is that your updates can be fast, and it lists all friends updates on one page. Not to mention that there are 150,000,000 members. You should try it, Mike Boulant is there and so are Carrie and Ali, oh and Jen too, and that's how Koley found me.